Thursday, February 26, 2009

Going Greener

It was almost 2 years ago that I started the venture into the "natural world". After the birth of my first child, I started to become more aware of what I was using on and putting into my and especially his body. Of course, I wanted nothing but the best for him. Going green was really coming into popularity and there was information readily available, so I started researching---an obsessive pastime of mine. I learned that so many of the things we use today are just awful for our environment, but what really made me want to change my ways was the thought of all of the toxins I was exposing my child to. I have to say, it has been difficult getting rid of some of the products I have come to rely on to get my house "clean" over the years such as bleach, Lysol and Tide, but slowly, I've been getting there.

I'm constantly buying and trying new products. I recently started thinking about the many natural products I have around my house and all of the trial-and-error and guesswork it has taken to find my favorites. I figured I could share my experiences and, hopefully, help other moms make informed decisions! After all, I used to sit for hours searching for and reading reviews, trying to make up my mind! So, that is my intentions for this blog. I hope you enjoy greening up along with me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm on board! Honestly, I've only recently been looking into this topic, so it's all pretty new to me. I look forward to reading what you already know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meagan, thank you for sharing your research! I would love to read about what you find and incorporate it in my life!

    ReplyDelete